Friday, April 8, 2011

...Fast Five (Really?).

So, I've recently previewed the trailer for Fast and the Furious 5 and really? As if the first four weren't bad enough.

Fast cars, big boobs and dirty money - WHAT PLOT?

Now, I'll admit, Paul Walker is a dream boat and I was certainly smitten during the first film, but enough is enough.

The only thing good about this film is that at some point it ends. Gone in 60 Seconds, Vanishing Point, Bad BoysBullitt - now these are "fast car" movies! Fast and the Furious, however, is the underachieving bratty nephew of them all.

I will assume the shot design to be just as unimpressive as the others, full of medium shots cut to the mellifluous sounds of roaring engines and techno.

If ever a pyrotechnician was in demand, it would be for this movie. Too bad the storyboard artist isn't; or the screenwriter, or an editor, or casting director.

The set design, costuming and make up aren't that bad and if you want non-stop action, this movie has it...look, that's all the compliment I can give it.

This is a perfectly good waste of 35mm.

They used 35mm y'all!

Here goes:




My thumbs hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment