Saturday, May 14, 2011

...Cowboys and Aliens (I don't get it?).



How ridiculous is this?

A spaceship arrives in Arizona, 1873, to take over the Earth, starting with the Wild West region. A posse of cowboys are all that stand in their way. (IMDB)







Are they going to lasso the aliens after chasing them down on their trusty steeds? And, how old is Harrison Ford? I'm just not getting the point of this at all.



When I think of Cowboys and Aliens, I'm reminded of other Sci-Fi Westerns, such as, Tremors or Wild Wild West. Tremors I actually liked, however, the "humans" weren't exactly cowboys, they were just westerners who were being chased down by a giant grub for goodness sake! How frightening is that?!

Wild Wild West on the other hand, I thought was nothing short of laughable (not that a giant grub isn't) and a wasted two hours of my life that I will never get back. The dialogue was lousy and the plot will escape me before I can even make it to the end of the film. Being one that usually appreciates elaborate costuming, I felt that in this film, it was over done.


But, back to the movie at hand...

The graphics look amazing and I'm sure the action will be a great compliment. You can't go wrong with Indiana Jones and 007. I'm just hoping that the cheese factor will stay to a minimum.




Release Date: July 29th, 2011.

And, I'm sure it'll be in 3D.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Just wow. Thanks so much for this! I can't decide what to think, but maybe stuff like this is better when not thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse, this movie is the adaptation of a novel. Yes, a real book.

    ReplyDelete