Saturday, May 14, 2011

...Men in Black 3 ("There's only one way off this planet, baby, and that's through me").







Let's talk about this trailer here - it's not very good. Had I not seen the first two MIB's, I would have no idea what's going on. In their defense, though, the movie's release date isn't for another year (May 2012) and footage doesn't grow on trees. But, the first shot kicked off in November of 2010 and six months is plenty of time to develop a solid minute of entertainment.

With that said, I'm really looking forward to part three. These films have continued to deliver a quality two hour diversion for all and I wouldn't expect the upcoming feature to be any different.


What I do know about the film:
Agent J (Will Smith) travels back to 1969 and encounters a younger version of Agent K (who will be played by Josh Brolin). Alien, Boris (Jermaine Clement) is on a mission to kill K, who's death will ultimately result in the end of the world. It is up to J to save K and rest of mankind.  


With a budget easily surpassing 200 million, MIB's release will, of course, be in 3D.

I HATE 3D!

Ok, "hate" is a strong word.  I am averse to 3D because I feel that it often distracts the viewer from a possibly wonderful shot design. Also, when one is focused on seeing the 3D effects, they are no longer focused on the film as unit and will often find themselves anticipating the 3D aspects of the film more than the next revelation in the plot.

However, MIB in 3D may not be so bad after all. When people see this film they want to be entertained - period. So, go ahead MiB 3D!

No comments:

Post a Comment