Sunday, May 8, 2011

...Thor (Are all Gods this hot?).

If I had to choose one word to describe Thor, it would be: cute. It may as well have been a cartoon movie, and I mean that in the nicest possible way. I don't recall any cursing, Thor (Chris Hemsworth) only made attempts to kiss his fair maiden's hand and in the end, he realized that his dad was only hard on him because he cared - aww. Now, that is PG 13 at its finest.


I almost purchased tickets to see this in IMAX, but I'm glad that I chose against it because the action was minimal. It [the action] shared the least amount of screen time, possessed a standard amount of stunt work and left little room for anything "cool" to be done in 3D. He did, however, have a hammer that he frequently tossed around and that may have looked awesome flying out of the screen.

Inscription: Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of THOR.
The costuming was adorable (although, I'm pretty sure that "adorable" was not what the costume department was looking to achieve) and the computer graphics were flawless.  The aireal shots, I absolutely loved and thought that they evoked a since of omnipotence and flight - a great metaphor for the mighty Thor.

There was great comic relief, which is something that I didn't expect in such abundance from an action-adventure and it really played well against the serious morale of the film: that everyone has the power to destroy the goodness of mankind or to be the goodness that enhances it. Also, in the words of Spiderman: with great power comes great responsibility!

I had fun with this one. Good script, great directing and picture perfect camera work.

Here's a movie clip...Thor has just been sent to Earth by his father - powerless.





No comments:

Post a Comment