Wednesday, June 1, 2011

...The Tree of Life (Cannes Champion).


The Tree of Life is an independent film screened at this years Cannes Film Festival. Winning the competition, it took home the Palme d'Or (highest award given at Cannes) and collected $488,920 this past weekend during its four theatre opening - impressive.

From what I've read about the film, the plot seems a bit complicated and visceral.
(which I like, by the way)



Synopsis:
The film follows an eleven year old boy named Jack (Sean Pen) from birth to adulthood. Eventually, he sets out on an journey that leads him to question his faith while seeking the answers to life's most challenging questions. He begins to loose his innocence during his quest for the truth and simultaneously agitates his already turbulent relationship with his father (Brad Pitt).

I wish I could relay more information about this film because I am officially intrigued. I do, however, know that bigger theatre release is anticipated.

Written and directed by Terrence Malick, this appears to be a must see.



No comments:

Post a Comment